Friday, November 30, 2012

It's so easy....

and yet it's so hard!



You know - that's it in a nutshell!  As I was talking with a friend yesterday who has struggled with her weight for years and she truly is a yo-yo'er.  She gets down to a really low weight and then just stops doing what she was and gets back up in weight.  And every time she gains more then where she started from.  It's a vicious cycle, but she told me that she just is not ready to change.

If this journey were easy, everyone would be thin, right?

But it truly is as simple as the card above says.  If we just do the right things and string several of these "right things" together, life becomes simple.

I was asked today what my triggers are.  I know I have triggers, but sometimes they come out of nowhere.  Today I walked by a table and on there was these oreos covered in white chocolate.  And I wanted one SO BAD.  It surprised me a little because I haven't eaten processed type food like this for so long it usually doesn't trigger me the way home-baked goods do.  I looked at the package and they were 100 calories - EACH.  Nope - not worth it.  

It is just simple.  I DON'T EAT THAT STUFF.   Period.  No debate, no questions, no nothin'.  I just don't eat those things.  Simple, right?

Of course we all know it's not that EASY, but it is that SIMPLE.  We complicate things when we try to bargain - like - "I'll cut out 100 calories from dinner."  What are you going to sacrifice?  Protein?  Vegetables?  For an oreo.  Nope, don't complicate it.  

To what lengths are you willing to go to be fit and healthy?     

No comments:

Post a Comment