Monday, August 4, 2014

Some sort of poetry…

I don't have the heart of a poet.  In fact, I don't get and don't like most poetry.  Robert Frost seems to be the exception.  His poetry speaks to me.  He is often misquoted, and one quote that is attributed to him is wrong, but it's close:

the-only-way-out-is-through

And this is where I am today.  As we all know, there are no magic spells, no miracle pills, and no quick answers.  That's what I reminded myself today as I once again faced the scale and got bitch-slapped.

I'm not going to tell you I wasn't discouraged, because I was.  But, in what is a minor victory, I didn't spend the next 2 hours hating and berating myself.

Instead, I had a healthy breakfast and lunch.  And when heading out to run there was no strict mandate as there typically is.  I gave myself permission to stop whenever I felt like it.  And I also gave myself permission to run slow without a need to be the speediest bitch on the block.

And it was so freeing!  I had a great run and guess what?  Even though I had permission to stop, I didn't want to.  I felt relaxed and calm.

Maybe because I'm going THROUGH instead of trying to go around.

And I know that if I continue this way, I'll be okay.  I just need to hold on to this zen feeling for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment