Sunday, November 18, 2012

And I'm feeling good!

I don't know what happened today, but I woke up in such a great mood!  I know - you shouldn't question when you feel like this, right?  I need to just enjoy it!

As soon as I woke up, I stepped on the scale and saw that I am back down to 117 pounds.  You wouldn't think that 2 pounds would make a difference, but anyone who has battled their weight and knows how frustrating it is to step on the scale and see that it won't budge, knows this feeling.  So now I'll feel good heading into Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, my plan is exactly what it was the 2 years previously when I was actively losing weight - I will eat whatever I want and as much as I want.  I know that some of you out there may disagree with this and will carefully monitor what and how much you eat.  But for me, the holidays are for enjoying the finer things in life and that includes lots and lots of food.  Fortunately for me, this doesn't trigger me to continue eating like that in the days following.  I find that a day or two of indulgence satisfies me and I can get right back on track.

Anyway, I feel like I've gotten a lot done in the last couple of days, so not only is my weight under control but so is my life.  Today I went for a 10 mile run and felt pretty good.  I won't be running as much this week, as I want to save my legs and will hopefully have a kick-ass time on Thanksgiving morning when I so the 5K Turkey Trot.

I hope everyone else out there is having as good of a day as I am!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment