Monday, September 23, 2013

Appreciating the good things...

So I am trying very hard to get back on track.  And part of that is appreciating the good things.  I had a pretty good weekend.  I ate well - not perfect, but well.  And hey, who is perfect?  There was no bingey type behavior like the end of last week.  

Feeling back under control - that's a good thing.  The scale?  Well that's another thing.  My weight is still way up from where I'd like it.  It's discouraging despite my repeated and exhausting vow to not let the number on the scale determine my moods.  

Fall arrived "officially" yesterday.  I HATE fall.  Ok, no, I really don't hate fall, but I hate what it represents.  Which is the deep, depressing descent into a Northern New York winter.  

Ok, so where's the good stuff?  Yesterday I ran 15 miles!  It's the longest I've run in a long while.   I felt GREAT!  My motivation was there, my body felt good.  That includes my Achilles!!  I used Kenesio Tape for the first time.  I'm going to discuss this more in a later post - not sure if I can attribute my success to this being on me or not.  

What is it about fall that makes you want to clean and get organized?  I know I'm not the only one!  I HATE housecleaning - it is a bane of my existence.  But yesterday after running I cleaned - a lot.  (Well, a lot for me.)  And seeing a clean kitchen is enough to lift my spirits some.

AND - in a tight and last minute touchdown throw, the MIAMI DOLPHINS scored a VICTORY, putting us 3-0.  

So that's where I stand.  Fair to middlin' as they say!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment