Sunday, May 4, 2014

Entitlement...

One of those days.  You know, those days when I feel entitled.  

 Since my half marathon is in 2 weeks, today was to be a very long run followed by starting to cut back in order to have a strong and rested body and hopefully have a great time.  But apparently mother nature had a different game plan.  I woke up and it was 38 degrees.  And pouring rain.  And incredibly windy.  Sigh...

I managed just 13 on the treadmill, so I got some miles in, but not in "real world" conditions.  Which meant that I felt sorry for myself.  So when Marc and I later went to the mall and I started craving something sweet?  Well I am entitled to endulge, right?
 
 Maybe?
 
 I find myself asking questions like this lately.  I didn't lose 225 pounds by allowing myself to entitlements.  So what makes me think that I can get away with it now?  On the other hand, haven't I earned some measure of leeway?

Well, that's partially what this "experiment" I've been engaging in is about.  But when the scale tomorrow continues the upward trend?




No comments:

Post a Comment