Tuesday, July 9, 2013

All work and no play...

Damn - that's what I feel like since we've gotten back from camping.  Over the last few days, all I've done is WORK, WORK, WORK!

Now these are things that I've been wanting to get done, and it feel good to have them completed.  But on the other hand I'm on VACATION, people!!!

We weeded and weed wacked around the veggie garden.  Then we painted all of the garage.  Then we painted the house trim.  Yesterday I spent the entire day in the flower beds - weeding out and mulching and yet I only got like half my beds done!!

 They look good, though, right?
This is my newest bed, and it needed a LOT of work having only been put in last year.





So today, I don't want to work.  I want to go play!  This is a little anxiety provoking because I want to get everything done and I'm not sure that I can accomplish it.  On Saturday we are hosting a party for my father's side of the family at our house and I want to have everything look good.

But if the flower beds all don't get mulched, so be it.  Today we're going to the beach!

By the way, I have become FULLY CONVINCED that if I didn't have to go to work every day that I would never have to worry about my weight again!  After all the HOURS spent digging and reaching and sweating, I must have burned off HUNDREDS of calories!

Does anyone know the winning lottery numbers??

No comments:

Post a Comment