Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winning the fight!

I am flying high today.  It's hard to believe that I could be so down in the dumps - feeling complete despair - less then 2 weeks ago, and can feel SO GREAT today.

First off, I have been struggling - since Xmas really - with getting my weight back down to my happy place.  It hasn't gotten up unreasonably high, but I still wanted to get back down to where I was in the fall and haven't been able to.  

So the last week or so I have really buckled down - no cheats!  I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 116.6!  Yay!  Finally back down to where I want it!

Then I went out for a run.  It was about 36 degrees and there was a light snow falling.  Usually the first mile or so sucks until I get in the groove.  Not this morning!  I was CRUISING from my first step.  I ended up running a full 10 miles!  It's not the longest I've ever run, but it is the longest since running into the IT Band issues AND it felt GLORIOUS.  3 of the miles I ran at 7:34 and a couple under - that is lightning fast for me!  I wish I knew what caused some runs to be so awesome so I could duplicate it!

So hard work is paying off, and this is always appreciated.  It just goes to show that when you face adversity. you just need to fight through it and not give up, and you will be rewarded!

I hope everyone else is having as great of a weekend as I am!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment