Monday, February 11, 2013

Girls just wanna have fun!

Hi everyone!  Sorry that I haven't posted but we took a couple of days to go visit relatives in the Albany area!  I'm glad to say that we had an awesome time.

This weekend was an interesting one for me.  It's the first time in who knows how long that I was really able to put diet and exercise thoughts to the side and just have fun.  In fact, we walked around a large museum in Albany on Saturday and then spent some time walking around the capitol taking pictures.  And then we hit a couple of malls on Sunday.  But other then that, no formal exercise.

When you are used to working out 2X's per day, every day, this is a HUGE deal.  I had nagging guilty thoughts with anxiety, but was able to keep them pretty much at bay.  Although now that I'm home, I do feel upset and guilty. 

I also have learned that I am still not at the spot where I can be trusted with food.  The good news is that I still have no desire for processed crappy foods.  The bad news is that even when faced with healthy selections, I stuff myself senseless. 

I will be curious to see what longer term effect this weekend has on my weight.  I am way up this morning, but we ate out last night and I had a reasonably healthy dinner - barbequed turkey and swiss cheese on a roll with a side of baked beans - but it was pretty salty.  Combine this with the other choices I made this weekend and my weight will be up for a few days.  

Either way - I'm back on track starting NOW.  I am having my cup of coffee and then will be hitting the treadmill and eating 100% on plan today - no excuses.  This is what I want you guys to remember - no matter when and if you fall off, you can always get back on track.  If I gained 5 pounds I start working right this minute to get the pounds off.
 
And overall, I think just breaking out of my rigidity was a good thing and a learning experience.  Now I just have to learn to let go in MODERATION.  Moderation?  WTF is that  ;))))
 



1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! Its so hard for me not to get discouraged when the scale is up a few pounds!

    ReplyDelete