Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A perfect world...

What would your perfect world look like?  What would you look like?  What would your home, your family, your job look like?

My friend recently went through a nasty breakup and has herself CONVINCED that it is because she is unattractive that she is alone.  She said that it is only logical.  I reminded her of the saying "For every hot woman out there, there is a man who is sick of having sex with her..."  She did at least laugh at this.

Just remember that perfection does not exist.  You will not ever get to the point where you are 100% satisfied.  Trust me, I know!  I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life.  However, I still lament my thighs and boobs (or lack thereof).  And, since I was always told what fat women are told a lot - "You have a pretty face" - I always thought that if I ever lost weight that I would be pretty.  Turns out that's not true!  I still am not what I consider "pretty".  Not even close.

So if you're not seeking perfection - because it is an illusion - can you chase happiness?  That's where I feel that I am at today.  Just because I am thin doesn't mean that I crap rainbows and skip through daisies on my way home.  But life is pretty good.  

Slowly, gradually, I'm getting there - accepting myself, appreciating what I do have, being happy.  If you find this, it doesn't mean you stop moving forward - you just do it with a different perspective...


No comments:

Post a Comment