Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Things I love: ZUMBA

When I first started exercise, one of the first things I did was Zumba.  I love to dance and I thought it sounded like fun.  So I borrowed 2 DVD's and tried them out.  It was instant love!

First off, you DO NOT need to be a great dancer to fall in love with and/or benefit from Zumba.  As long as you keep moving and trying out the moves, you will be burning calories.  Zumba is like a aerobics workout combined with latin dancing, and you don't feel like you are working out because it is so much fun!

The DVD's I started with were a 20 minute "Zumba Express" and Zumba "Cardio Party".  The Zumba Express has a tutorial that takes you through all the moves and teaches you how to do them.  Then there is the 20 minute workout.  I remember the first time that I did the express workout - I got through about 5 minutes before collapsing!  LOL  The Cardio Party is a more intensive 45 minute workout session.  That's what I'll be doing for my lunch workout today.

Zumba also makes a version to do on the Wii.  I know a lot of people love doing that because of the feedback you get while doing the moves.

I have never taken a live class, but I really want to in the future because I think it would be a lot of fun!

Don't worry about looking silly - most people don't have those "Latin Hips"!  Just pop in a DVD, move and have fun.

As Beto - the creator says - LET'S ZUMBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment