Sunday, March 3, 2013

8 years!!

Marc and I got married 8 years ago today!  Happy Anniversary to us! 

As I've mentioned before, we met in 1989 when I was 16 and he was 22.  It was literally love at first sight.  At the time, I think I would have been described as "chunky but cute".  He was really skinny.  Over the years we both had our weight increase - mine more then his.  We've been through a lot together, and there were times I wasn't sure if we would make it.  But we never broke up, and instead we fought to keep US together.

I couldn't believe it when I looked back at our wedding photos.  First I should let you know that the main catalyst for our actual marriage was Marc getting covered on my fantastic state health insurance - romantic, huh?  So we decided on a Sunday to get married and had the Judge that I work with marry us in the courtroom where I work every day that Thursday.  So this is not a traditional wedding photo!!


Holy hell!  LOL  I loved that dress and thought it looked great on me.

Anyway, I wonder what that couple would say if they could see a picture of us today.  I wonder how 2005 Jennifer would react if I told her that on her 8th wedding anniversary she would start the day off by running 11 miles.  She would call me a psychotic liar I think!!  

Our lives were good then, but they are better now.  Losing the weight together - motivating each other and celebrating our victories - that has pulled us closer then we have ever been.  Marc caring for me after my surgery just confirmed our unconditional love for one another.  I am one lucky woman, let me tell you!

This is us today - 8 years later - before going out to lunch at Applebees...


4 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all, TNG portrait to the right - AWESOME!! I love your blog even more now.

    Congrats to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife.

    Wish I didn't look so funny in that last picture! What the heck was I doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you, they don't look like the same couple. You both have done a fantastic job of taking off unwanted pounds and getting in great shape. But the best thing is that after so many years together you love and support each other in most everything. Keep it up and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful love story. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete