Friday, February 8, 2013

The sky is FALLING!

As I type this, there is a huge winter storm heading into the northeast.  You know what this means, don't you?  It means that the media has gotten into hysterics about this and they are pretty much predicting it's the end of the world!


People are already fighting over gas and police were called to a grocery store in the Albany area for people fighting over supplies.  Are you fricking kidding me?

Now don't get me wrong - it looks like there are some places that are going to be hit bad.  And I hope people are smart and stay home in those areas and nobody gets hurt.  But here, they are predicting a storm total of 3-6 inches for the day.  That is NOTHING here - yet all the schools have canceled.  It just shows what impact the media plays in our every day lives.

When stuff like this happens, it definitely increases my anxiety.  And I have a strong, powerful urge to eat.   And my motivational level SUCKS.  I am feeling very guilty today because I didn't run yesterday and I won't be running today.  Yikes!  I did run up and down stairs yesterday during my lunch break.  I traveled up and down 108 steps for 50 minutes.  But I had to go slower then I would have liked because I tripped a couple of times.  So it wasn't the cardio workout I could have had.

I am so ready for spring and nicer weather.  

For those of you in the storm's path, please stay safe!  And for those of you that are in nice weather, get your ass out there and do some exercise - no excuses!  Some of us would kill to have the weather you are having!!

No comments:

Post a Comment