Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dereliction of duties…

I haven’t been posting nearly as much as in the past.  I guess that’s because I really don’t have anything useful to share.

I am doing reasonably well in my attempt to stay positive and calm.

I would like to say that this translates into sticking perfectly to plan eating wise, but it hasn’t been the case.  I just cannot hold it together for more than a couple of days without deviating.

And with the temptations + stress of the holidays hurtling towards us, I don’t anticipate it getting better.

So taking it one day at a time is what I am trying to do. 

Today that meant getting out in the cold and sun this morning and running a 10K with the dogs.  I have really grown to love running with them.  Just a short couple of years ago, each run was an attempt to push myself HARDER and HARDER.  To break time records or distance records or something similar.

Now to just take it easy, enjoy a slower pace and the scenery and listening not just to my body, but theirs – it has become a bit of medicine for the soul.

And then I read an article yesterday on Molly Simms.  Do you guys know who she is?  I know her from the tv show of a few years ago Las Vegas,

I didn’t realize that before doing that she was a supermodel.  She talked about the demands of being a supermodel and always being told she was too fat.  How she would go DAYS without eating and walk 14 miles a day to exhaustion to fit into an outfit she would wear on the runway.

And she admits that she is much happier now that she is living a more normal life (and she is amazingly gorgeous), but there are still times when she looks back on old photos of herself and wishes she looked like that again. 

I suppose most of me KNOWS that those runway models have to obsess and that their bodies aren’t “normal”, but there are times when I look at magazines of these impossibly gorgeous women and think how LUCKY they are and how it seems so EASY for them. 

It’s refreshing to hear someone talk about how hard it is and how it is not realistic for the average woman.  And certainly not for a BELOW average woman like me Smile

rhianna2quote

No comments:

Post a Comment