Friday, November 27, 2015

And…we have Christmas!

IMG_4799

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Yesterday, Marc and I ran the local “Turkey Trot” as we have for the last few years.  It was a little windy but incredibly mild for this area and there were a ton of runners – 598 to be exact!  Plus there were who the heck knows how many more walkers who did the shorter distance walk that they offer.

12307410_10206278906583922_4483810444358907137_o

I came in 224 out of the 600 which is a bit of a blow to my overblown ego.  But going in, based on how I have been running, I knew I was going to be much slower than in the past, so it was no surprise.

We then went to Marc’s niece’s house and spent the day eating, eating, watching football, eating, talking, and then EATING.

I can’t believe that Christmas is 1 month away! 

Today I got up and ran with the dogs – running a 10K is not exactly the hardest thing in the world, but it ain’t the easiest either.  And running a 10K the day after a Thanksgiving feast??!!  I’m just glad everything stayed IN ifyaknowwhatImean!

We spent the rest of the day getting the holiday decorations up.  I have not been in the holiday spirit AT ALL this year, but a little Jim Brickman in the CD player and getting out all the decorations and fixing up the tree helped.

As we tackle this last month, I am far, far away from my goals.  So my plan is to attempt to figure out how I have gotten so far off track and what I can do to get back on in 2016. 

I am very unhappy with myself right now, but I’m avoiding a total meltdown.  I hope to have a positive and productive holiday season and then onwards and upwards in life and DOWNWARDS on the scale!!

What are you hoping to accomplish before Christmas??

No comments:

Post a Comment