Thursday, October 15, 2015

The no win situation…

I consider myself a feminist.  But I’m definitely not one of these hard core, easily offended, reading into everything, all men are against us type feminist. 

But when I read this article today, I was pretty shocked!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3272833/Why-women-suddenly-want-six-packs-Today-s-stars-post-six-pack-pictures-young-women-eschewing-waists-curves-muscles.html

I really hope that you guys will check this article out.

The way I read this article is that any woman who has muscles is trying to act like a man.  That it is a fashion statement only, and that a woman who builds up their muscles only does so to drive away men.

Are you fucking kidding me?

No wonder so many of us have such a fucked up body image!! 

We can’t win.  If we have an OUNCE of extra fat on us, we are disgusting pigs that need to get some self-control and eat better and exercise.

But if we have any muscles?  Then we are clearly man hating dykes who are grossly unattractive!

So basically, there’s one body type that only a milli-fraction of women have that is acceptable. 

The soft, but thin, big boobed, tiny waist Barbie – that’s what men want, that’s what we should strive to be, huh?

What do you guys think – am I over-reacting, or is my indignation right in this case??

101d598d4edbee6345e8dcab81fa6b41

1 comment:

  1. It's the daily fail. Grain of salt, etc etc. Maybe finally, women are achieving the bodies THEY want, instead of the bodies they think their men want them to have. I am female, and I very much appreciate pictures of fit, toned women, They look healthy and dsciplined. I run, I know how much effort it takes!! Lucky? Great genes? No, hard work.

    And I think that picture of Pippa is terribly unflattering. :(

    ReplyDelete