Saturday, July 28, 2012

An overwhelming morning....


This is what I saw when I stepped on the scale this morning.  This means I have lost a total of 225 pounds and have hit my goal.  I cannot describe what that felt like.  I immediately had tears spring into my eyes.  It is totally overwhelming.  I NEVER EVER envisioned myself being able to lose 100 pounds on my own.  Even when I had lost a lot of weight, I still thought that entering the "teens" would not be possible.  

I also took my measurements this morning.  I remember when a FULL seamstress tape measure of 60 inches - that's 5 freaking feet! - wouldn't fit around my hips.  I have a 28" waist and 32" hips.  

Now I know that the real work starts now.  But today we're having family over to celebrate Marc's father's 94th birthday.  I want to have fun and enjoy the moment.  

Right now I am almost in a state of disbelief.  I never thought that this would hit me so powerfully....

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I just hit the 100 lbs lost mark a few weeks ago basically had the same reaction. Did I really just lose 100 lbs? Its funny to read other peoples success stories and see we all kinda have the same reaction. 225 is unreal! You should be very proud of yourself. All that hard work has paid off!

    http://freew67.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! It had to have been a great feeling. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete