Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not enough hours in the day!

That's what I'm finding!  Between exercising and all I have to do, I just run out of time to get stuff done!  I make a list in my head every night of things I have to do and most of it I just run out of time and it continues on my list.  This healthier lifestyle does have it's drawbacks!

The good news today is that I appear to be coming out of my "I'm getting old" funk.  Thanks to everyone for your support.  Even if you are like Kris who commented that I look like I'm in my 20's.  Not quite, but I thank you for lying to me!  

For my birthday I bought myself a new, more sophisticated, GPS enabled heart rate monitor.  I used it for the first time today and ran 6 miles in 54:49.  I am running a 10K (6.2 miles) in September, and my goal is to finish in under 54 minutes.  That's a lot of time to take off between now and September, but I'm getting faster and stronger everyday, so maybe.  It's a goal anyway!

In surgery recovery notes, I'm still swelling quite a bit every time I exercise.  The incision is very tight when that happens.  I still can feel the incision all the time - it continues to feel like I'm wearing a rubber band.  But it's not painful, just annoying at times.  Next week I will be 8 weeks out and I'll post some updated pics for anyone who is interested. 

I'd like to lose at least 5 more pounds but I'll be interested to hear what you guys say about how much I should lose.  More?  Less?  Wait until you see the pics and you can let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you need to lose 5 more pounds, but I know if this is a personal goal then you won't be happy until you do.

    ReplyDelete