Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hey! Go me!

So I'm pretty proud of myself this morning.  As you know I was clearly very upset yesterday.  And when I get in a whiny ass little bitch mode, it usually takes me quite a while to come out of it.

Not so this time!  I came home yesterday and pouted for a bit, and I acted like the drama queen that I am.  Then I did an hour of Yoga - good for the mind and good to stretch things out.  Then I went out and picked a load of veggies from the garden to have with dinner.  Dinner consisted of healthy items.  I did not eat my emotions!!

Wanna see dinner?

Cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh basil, watermelon, and corn on the cob.  All picked fresh from the garden.  The pork tenderloin is NOT from our garden ;)



Last evening I diligently spent at least an hour while watching TV foam rolling the Achilles as well as the calves, hamstrings, IT band, quads and the bottom of my foot.  And guess what.  It barely hurt.  I DIDN'T EVEN LIMP getting up this morning.

Don't get me wrong - it is still swollen and if I palpate it, it hurts.  So I'm not fixed.  But if one day of rest can do this, then I think I'm going to be okay.

So, Drama Queen Jen, here's the deal.  You are not permanently injured.  You need to get through the next couple of weeks, nursing this injury, taking it easy and being smart about it so you are able to run the races you are scheduled for.  Then you'll have to re-assess and maybe even take some time off running.

And let's put this in perspective - your worst case scenario is that you would have to give up running.  Which would SUCK.  And you would be devastated.  But you would be alive and healthy which is a hell of a lot more then a lot of people out there have!!!

So, I'm in the hippy-dippy "power of positive thinking" mode today!  


What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Friends like you,that I am grateful for! You always inspire me,make me laugh and OH so often we think very simmlar.
    I am so glad you are trying to do the acceptance thing and allow some healing.
    You know I know what you are feeling like.I am working at the acceptance thing not knowing what the future holds in store.My automatic reaction is such AnALL or nothing attitude...moderation and rest is something I have NO time or patience for....I know as you I will also be devastated...but know we are fighters and will adjust and fourish come what may! gayle

    ReplyDelete