Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 2 of the experiment...


Yesterday was my first day of trying to not count calories.  I was shocked at how difficult and anxiety provoking it was.  I normally log all the foods I eat into myfitnesspal.com.  I resisted entering the foods there, but did do some calculations in my head, even though I tried not to.  It didn't help that I had a whole bunch of errands to run so Marc and I ate at Panera Bread and we...OMG....split a cookie.  I know that the cookie is like 440 calories so I added 220 to my meal (which was a salad).  

Ok, so anyway, this morning I ran and then we spent 6 hours - yes, I said 6 FREAKING HOURS - staining our deck.  My back is killing me, but we are about to eat and I can confidently say that I think I will be able to just eat tonight without thinking about how many calories I am putting in my body!!  I may even live life on the wild side and eat some of the skin from the barbequed chicken Marc is putting on the grill right now.

So admit it - how many people think I'm crazy?  For those of you reading this that have never been fat, you won't get it.  My relationship with food is not normal.  But I'm trying, and I'm learning, so don't judge me too harshly!
 

1 comment:

  1. no, not crazy. A little over anxious, maybe...
    I think you should continue to count calories, but just add maybe 100 or so more(healthy) calories to the day. You just might need to stoke the fire a little. Signed, a former heavy person.

    ReplyDelete