Thursday, October 25, 2012

Get a grip!

After a couple of great weeks feeling really good, I had a really, really bad day yesterday.  We are in the process of re-doing our kitchen.  For those of you who don't know, we live in a really old house - built in the late 1700's.  Our kitchen was revamped - we think - in the early 1960's.  We've known that there was no insulation behind the walls.  So I finally bit the bullet and hired someone to replace all the framing and insulation and drywall.  So needless to say it's a huge expense that's not even a FUN expense, because it's mostly structural, not cosmetic.

Anyway, when we took down the drywall on the one wall, it was COMPLETELY dryrotted.  Some of the main structural beams could have collapsed at any time.  So it's good that we found this out, but it's quickly adding more money to an already extremely expensive project.  

Obviously, we are living without a kitchen - trying to wash dishes in a small bathroom sink - cabinets are all over the house.  I'm still trying to eat healthy.  Marc and I are sniping at each other, bad, since we are both stressed out.  It sucks.

Then yesterday I was totally and completely screwed over by a co-worker.  She is a complete bitch who doesn't like me anyway.  I had agreed to help out with our company Xmas party just the day before and then she bones me yesterday.  So I wrote her an e-mail saying that I was withdrawing my offer of helping out for the Xmas party because I wasn't sure I would be attending after realizing how I was not valued or respected as a co-worker and/or person.  

The more I thought about it, the madder I got.  By the time I got home, I was just FUMING.  So the contractor then has to show me more things that problematic in the kitchen.  Then I tell Marc about the incident and work, and he gave me NO SUPPORT at all.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I wanted to scream and cry and hit things at the same time.

To top it off, with all of this going on, we worked out late, which meant eating late, which meant that I was STARVING and I scarfed down dinner and then literally felt like I could not stop eating.  I just kept stuffing things into my mouth.  It wasn't a binge, because we are talking MAYBE 100-150 calories - but it was the FEELINGS that went with it that sucked so bad. 

I'm hoping for a better day today, but I don't think this issue between myself and the co-worker is going to be solved - at least not in the near future.  And then I'm worried about all that has to be done in the kitchen.  I hate being under stress, but I know I need to get a grip....


I'm trying, Catherine, HONEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment