Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Be unique, be special, be YOU!!

Have I ever told you how I feel about poetry?  I hate it.  I definitely don't have the soul of a poet within me.  I don't get poetry and I don't like it - with a couple of minor exceptions.  One of those exceptions is the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.  I have always loved this poem - especially the last part:


For my whole life I have been greatly criticized for not "going with the flow".  I've been told that I am opinionated, obstinate, argumentative, etc.  I have a personality that people either love or hate.  I don't pretend to be someone that I'm not, and I don't pretend to feel what I don't to pacify people.  And some people don't like me for that.

Did people see me as the "angry fat chick"?  I don't know.  Dropping weight has had some effect on my personality, but I still am who I am.  And guess what - I'm totally cool with that!!

I would encourage everyone out there to be yourself.  If you are a "people pleaser" who sacrifices your happiness constantly for others, STOP IT!  Do you pretend to feel a certain way because you think that's how you "should" feel or "should behave"?  THAT STOPS NOW!

Or maybe you are the opposite - maybe you come across as bitter or angry as a defense.  And maybe you don't like that about yourself.  CHANGE IT.  Practice being nicer.  Stop putting up walls to keep people out. 

Embrace your real you in this journey.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.  I have too many regrets about starting my journey late, and I refuse to have any more.  If you do this, you WILL piss people off.  You might even lose a friend.  But anyone who abandons you when you embrace who you really are is not worth your friendship, anyway!

Make a difference in your own life.  Travel your own path.  Be amazing!  Set YOUR goals, not the goals of others or what society wants.  Don't get skinny if you don't want to - some people prefer to be a little "fluffy" or "curvy".  If that's what YOU want, then that's totally okay!! 

Break out of the mold, stop being a victim of your own self-imposed limitations.  CHOOSE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED.   Start today.  You will be surprised at the difference it makes in how you feel and how successful you are in your journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment