Sunday, October 21, 2012

Check!

It seems only fitting that in a week that I've been talking about goal setting that I hit one of my goals yesterday.  I remember when I first was running outside last summer.  It was so hard.  I remember the first time I ran 3 miles straight without a walk break.  I couldn't imagine that I could ever go much further then that.  But then, I did.

Yesterday I ran 13.1 miles.  Yes, that is the length of a 1/2 marathon.  I was so excited to hit that goal.  I was doing pretty well until mile 11.  I climbed a steep hill and then just hit the wall.  It just so happens that I was passing by my road about this time, and I really wanted to quit, but I forced myself to run more.  At mile 12 I stopped and drank some water.  My hips and calves were burning - I didn't think that I could get started again, but I did.  That last mile sucked.  I kept repeating this to myself:

Then it was over and I had done it!  Another check mark on my list of goals!

If you have a goal, find the inner strength to make it happen.  I am not any more determined or powerful or special then anyone who is reading this.  We all have it within us to make our goals.  It might not be pretty or perfect and it might not happen as fast or easy as we want it to, but we have the power to make it happen.  I know that this is true because I have done what many people - including myself - thought was IMPOSSIBLE.

Throw away that voice inside that tells you to give up.  Ignore people that satisfy themselves by bringing other people down.  If you want it, you and you alone have the power to make it happen.  

Not go and DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment