Saturday, February 21, 2015

37 Calorie Brownies

Like many of you out there reading, I am on a never ending quest to eat as much as possible while paying as little of a price.  So I read about these brownies that were supposedly 37 calories each.

I went to this web site:

http://bromabakery.com/2013/04/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not.html

I read the reviews and some people LOVED them and some thought they were disgusting.  So Marc and I had to try for ourselves. 

First we assembled the ingredients:

 IMG_6307

And then began dumping it all into a blender.

IMG_6308

 

 

 

 

IMG_6309

 

 

 

 

IMG_6310

 

 

 

 

IMG_6311

 

 

 

 

 

Note that we used vanilla flavored non-fat Greek yogurt instead of plain.

IMG_6312

 

 

 

 

 

We added the egg and milk and salt as well and then blended until well mixed:

IMG_6313

And then poured into a greased 8x8 glass dish:

IMG_6314

It was much looser then normal brownie mix.

Then it was into the oven at 400 for 15 minutes.  Now I like my brownies gooey but it was 2 gooey.  2 minutes additional was perfect.

IMG_6316

It is 37 calories if you break it up into 9.  We broke it into 4 Smile

IMG_6318

How do they taste?  Well, I loved them.  They don’t taste like normal delicious tons of calorie brownies.

They are denser and since we used the dark chocolate cocoa, much more intense tasting.

But hell, for the calorie difference???  They are going to be a treat staple here!

No comments:

Post a Comment