Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September is here...

And I am not thrilled.  It's been a hot summer and I know that a lot of people are thrilled to see fall get here, but I am definitely not one of those people!  Actually, I like fall pretty well, but it's such a sign of winter coming and that is depressing to me!  So I'm feeling pretty meloncholy today.

I am also feeling the effects of this long weekend.  On Saturday, Marc and I took out nephews - Eli and Levi - out to lunch.  I actually did well during lunch but then we stopped for ice cream and I ate a sundae.  It has literally been YEARS since I have had a sundae!  It was good, but I did feel guilty afterwards. 

So then Sunday I ran my longest mileage of 11.25 miles.  Whenever I run long mileage, I find myself extremely hungry the next day.  They say that the average person gains 10 pounds training for a marathon.  If I'm this hungry running less then 1/2 the distance of a marathon, I can see why!! 

So I am back to 120 this morning.  My body seems to like that number but it is pissing me off.  I know that a couple of pounds is not a big deal, but I would really like to drop to somewhere around 116-117 and have that buffer.  Time to buckle down!!




I am going to cut back a little on my running mileage this week as I run a 10K race on Saturday.  This is the Run for Recovery which is put on by my good friend and co-worker, Sal, so this one is really important to me.  I'm hoping to break the elusive 52 minutes, but since the course starts with a looonnnngggg hill, I'm not so sure it will happen.

Hope everyone out there reading is doing well!  September is as much of a "resolution" time for many people as January is.  This is a great time to implement good eating and exercise habits so they are ingrained when the holiday season hits and it becomes difficult to not over-indulge.

What are some of your plans or resolutions for the fall?  E-mail me and let me know and I'll do a blog post with some of your thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment