Monday, September 12, 2016

Like walking underwater…

I thought that going to work today would help. Being busy - being distracted. But it didn’t. There were brief and blissful periods where I was engrossed in paperwork or talking to a client and I almost forgot, but grief is a powerful and ever-present giant.

And boy, I am SUCH a good addict. I have not had any motivation to exercise and even a bit of self-control in the eating department is GONE. Not that there has been much to start with, right?

The justification and rationalization machine is in FULL gear - I mean who would BLAME me, right? I am entitled to take a few days off. I shouldn’t worry about my weight during this hard time!  Any excuse will do.

Of course, not exercising and eating like shit just makes me feel worse in the long run. But in the short term, that instant gratification – the diversion from my mind - is pretty alluring.

It will get easier, as many of you know. Every time I have lost a pet, I think I will never be happy again – that the black hole of pain will never be filled. But the pain starts to fade, I remember the good times more and more, and life goes on. That is both a blessing and a curse.

For now, I read and re-read the offerings of understanding and support. It helps SO MUCH. So for those of you that have taken the time to reach out, it is appreciated more than you can know. Honestly and truly, I thank you.

support

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Try not to beat yourself up, you did everything you could. Crying helps. Lots and lots of tears.

    Today I made the appointment for our girl's final vet visit. The vet will come to the house next Monday, and then she'll be young and pain free again. I've already shed a lot of tears, but I know we've only just begun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! My thoughts will be with you! May your baby run free with my boy!!

      Delete