Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Could it be magic?

This title refers to more than just my favorite song by the great Barry Manilow! By the way - did you guys know that the beginning of that song is copied from a Chopin prelude? Probably why I love it so much.

ANY WHO!

The last few days have been pretty great. My appetite is well under control. I’ve been eating well with no desire to stuff my face and - maybe more unusually - no feelings of being deprived.

So what’s going on? Well my foot is getting better and I’ve been running. It’s been sunny and warm.  Both positively correlated with good things.

I’ve been on my new lower dosage birth control pill for 1 month now. Is that making any difference? No idea.

And about 3 weeks ago I started taking a new herbal supplement - 5-HTP. I did some research and found that this is used by a lot of people for insomnia, as an appetite suppressant, and an anti-depressant. So I thought that I would give it a try. I discontinued the thyroid supplement after learning that my thyroid was completely normal and feeling that this supplement had very little positive effect on my eating or mood.

I know that it is somewhat pathetic to be looking for a “magic pill” that will somehow fix my issues. And I’m certainly not going to tell you that this is some miracle drug that has kissed me and made it all better.  But I’m… better.

I don’t know if it’s this pill or the birth control switch or a combination of everything falling into place. But I’m not going to argue with it. I have not seen a drop in the scale. So thus far it’s not a miracle in that realm. On the other hand, I am not gaining any weight and I feel WAY more in control of myself, and that is a good thing. I also feel hopeful and optimistic.

I know there are some of you out there that this is just in your nature - despite struggles and weight issues or hardships, you always seem to have a positive attitude. I know you are out there because I have met people like you. I totally envy those of you that have that in your nature because it’s not in mine! So we’ll see how long it lasts this time.

If only the scale would get with the fucking program - that would be AWESOME. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment