Monday, January 9, 2017

Because I’m “special”

I did really well last week with my eating and entered the weekend pretty happy with myself and confident that I could truly do this - that it was indeed in my ability to get back on the horse so to speak and lose the weight I need to lose once again.

I carried that into Saturday morning where I started the very cold day by heading downstairs and binge watching Nurse Jackie while putting in 10 miles on the treadmill. Pretty pleased with my rock-star-ed-ness I headed upstairs to take a shower and eat lunch.

Which is where is all went wrong. I would then spend the entire weekend plowing through every bit of food that was in the house. Because I had forbid myself from eating peanut butter during the week, I had my customary grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch on Saturday which unleashed the hounds, opening the floodgates to me eating peanut butter like it was soon going to cease to exist and I needed to stuff myself with it while it was still there.

This behavior takes a special kind of stupid, doesn’t it?

And, as I knew it would, getting on the scale this morning told me that any progress that I had made during the week was promptly erased by my weekend activities.

So, now I know that I have to translate the success of the week into the weekend. I’ll tell you what, with tons of snow and temps barely above zero, it just ain’t easy. I mean it’s never easy but it’s far harder I think being in the house all day and feeling trapped.

Is it June yet?

At least I have these 2 cute little buggers to keep me partially sane!!

20170108_152420

No comments:

Post a Comment