Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Random thoughts…

Well, don’t expect me to be too focused right now!  My goal is to get some semblance of being on track while also being on vacation and, of course, worrying about Chakotay.

Yesterday it was raining and Marc needed to take his father in for a doctor’s appointment – FINALLY, some good news!!  He is once again cancer free!!  So they are comfortable letting him go 6 months before a re-check!  That man is a wonder at almost 98 years old!

While Marc was there, I was running on the treadmill and did a longer run than I have been doing – 10 miles.  It felt like an accomplishment.  My eating?  Not horrible, but also not where I would like it to be.  It is always super-hard, obviously, but when I’m at home and the food is right there all the time – ug.

But today, I had some success – for lunch I took some leftover lentils that were cooked last week and cooked them up with 2 eggs, some spinach and tomatoes and let me tell you people – it was DELICIOUS!  The lentils – which were a few days old – were the texture and tasted almost like hamburger.  Try it sometime!

Marc and I then went for a 40 mile bike ride this afternoon.  It was windy and warm and we were in no hurry.  We talked about a lot of things but carefully avoided talking about what was really on our minds.  That was a-okay with me – I imagine there will be a lot said on that topic all too soon.

Hopefully I will be worn out and will sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow is the appointment at Cornell.  If you happen to look at the clock around noon, send some good vibes to my wonderful boy, would ya?

61002-Nothing-But-Good-Vibes

No comments:

Post a Comment