Friday, June 24, 2016

Do you think it’s weird?

As I thought about what I was going to post today, I thought “Jen you can’t post this, people will think you are CRAZY!” And then I realized that you guys already know that I am crazy in many ways, this will just add to it...

When I was probably around 12 years old, I went with some family to a local “Field Days”. You guys know those things? They have greasy food, some small rides and games of chance and LOTS AND LOTS of drinking - usually the proceeds benefit the local fire departments.

The field days were just starting up, and one of the woman yelled at us to come over for this game of chance - there were DOZENS of colors lined up on 3 sides of a booth. You put a quarter on whatever color you wanted and then the “carnie” would spin a wheel and if it landed on the color you had put your quarter on, you won a huge stuffed animal.

I have a super crappy memory, but I can remember that day like it was yesterday. My aunt was with my brother and I and we wandered over to that booth and my brother grabbed a quarter out of my aunt’s hand and excitedly searched the perfect color to put his on. My aunt was digging in her purse to find a quarter to give me and I was half looking at the colors and all of a sudden my eyes landed on the color “candy stripe” and I knew - I knew - that this was going to be the winning color. “GIVE ME A QUARTER” I practically yelled at my aunt and then I went over and set the quarter immediately on that color. The carnie spun the wheel - we were the only 2 playing - and it ticked slower and slower and landed on candy stripe.

As the carnie took down the huge stuffed toy to hand to me, she gave me the strangest look. She slowly handed me the toy and said “How did you know?” she said. I told her I didn’t know.

I certainly don’t think I’m psychic. If I had that gift, my life would be dramatically different. But I have had other incidents similar but not the same - I think just about everyone out there has had that “sixth sense” where they knew something they shouldn’t have been able to know.

At any rate, Marc and I are very predictable people. Without fail, for the last few years I have been scheduling my vacation for the last week of June and we make reservations to go camping. This year, I took the time off but didn’t make any plans - camping or otherwise. Nope. I don’t know why. We just didn’t. We said that we would play this vacation by ear.

And now we have this appointment for Chakotay. Weird, isn’t it? I think it is, anyway.

In other notes, I did force myself down into the basement and ran on the treadmill while watching Bones last night. And I bet you can’t guess what I weighed this morning? The exact same number that I weighed in April.... All things considered....

No comments:

Post a Comment