Sunday, January 24, 2016

I want to believe!

As I type this I am anxiously awaiting the reboot of one of my favorite shows of all time - The X-Files!  Those of you who were a fan of the show certainly know the phrase "I WANT TO BELIEVE".

This weekend I was thinking of that phrase and not only that I want to believe but I almost can believe.  Believe that I can get back on track and get back to my goals.

I do give myself some leeway on the weekends - probably too much leeway if I'm being honest.  Having said that, I am still way ahead of the game compared to the train wreck I was throughout 2015.

We are well North of the massive storm that hit the east coast this weekend, but it was COLD.  Really freaking cold.  The dogs kept looking at me impatiently as they've gotten used to running with me on the weekends.  But I couldn't bring myself to go out in the ice cold temps.

So they had to settle for the treadmill and me spoiling them out of guilt.  While they took turns running I rode the exercise bike to the tune of 27 miles.  And when the AFC playoff game came on late today I decided to run on the treadmill myself.

I watched the game and did a slow run.  I got in 9 miles.  Between that and my mostly healthy food choices - I'm pretty happy with how my weekend went.

I do have to repeatedly remind myself that I can't expect results overnight.  Because I know tomorrow I'll put on my dress and be unhappy with how it fits and how I look.

But it's good to feel more in control then I have in a long time.  I hope you have started this year with momentum!  If not, tomorrow starts a new week - it's never too late to make a new commitment to your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment