Friday, January 8, 2016

Assessing Friday…

As I type this, the day is not over yet, but we are on the home stretch. This was an interesting week. My goal was to achieve some semblance of getting back on track.

One of my goals was to avoid peanut butter during the week. I have gotten in the bad habit of coming home from work and picking, picking, picking, picking at the peanut butter - a food that it certainly good for you but is extremely calorie dense!

It sounds SO easy - just don’t eat any peanut butter, right? I wish that is was that easy. Like saying to the smoker - just don’t smoke!!

My co-worker (a perennially normal weight person) doesn’t eat peanut butter at all. So a couple of weeks ago when I was lamenting my waistline and talking about peanut butter she encouraged me to just clean out the cupboards and throw all of it away - I told her (not totally tongue in cheek) that a life without peanut butter is not a life worth living!

But what I couldn’t really explain to her adequately is that is really is NOT about peanut butter. I truly do eat healthy now-days - it’s my portion control that is the problem. So if it wasn’t peanut butter it would be hummus, or almonds, or chicken, or strawberries, or just about anything I can get my hands on. It’s the over-eating that is the issue, not the “substance”! I don’t think as someone who has a healthy relationship with food she could totally understand this concept.

But I did it! Assuming I don’t lose my shit and raid the peanut butter cupboard in the next few hours I will have succeeded in at least one of my goals! And while it’s going to take a lot more than 5 days to get back to where I want to be, I’ll take the victory for this week.

A victory not over food, but over Fat Jen! If I can string enough of these weeks together, I might just get back to my goal weight – wouldn’t that be something!

How about you - how did you do in your goals this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment