Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ok with not ok?

I know that not everyone here reads the comments that people sometimes send me on my posts.  I received a comment last night from an anonymous reader who linked to 2 different articles suggesting I might find value in reading them.

First off, to anonymous – THANK YOU.  These were wonderful reads and really have given me something to think about.

I think everyone would find a lot of important information and so I share the links here:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/that-fit-person-whos-got-it-all-together-doesn’tdoesnt\

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/cost-of-getting-lean

If you read these articles, you’ll see that one talks about how truly difficult – on the verge of impossible – it is for the average person to get into incredibly lean shape.  If talks about the amount of sacrifice you have to implement to become a super lean, fit person.

The other article talks about how many of us compare ourselves to others and think they completely have their shit together when 99% really DON’T.  Their lives are messy and imperfect.

The message in the both the articles seems to be that with reasonable adjustments to our lifestyles, we can look pretty darn good and be pretty darn healthy and that should be good enough.

One quote stood out to me talking about what it takes to be in super-shape:

“You eat out of Tupperware. You measure everything that goes into your mouth. Your entire routine revolves around eating (or not eating), working out, and sleeping so you have enough energy to work out again.”

That sounds familiar….and tiresome.

Is  normal and  healthy for a 43 year old woman like me to be working out 3 hours a day?  To think about food all. the. time.? 

These articles seem to say – NOPE.  But with my all or nothing thinking, I seem to believe that I can fall into 2 categories – 2 categories ONLY:  EITHER I am a disgusting fat cow, OR I wear a size 0-2 and run 35-40 miles per week and never eat off plan.

Even as I read these articles I find myself agreeing with the points made.  AND YET – I can’t quite get there mentally!  How do I do that?  How do I be okay with just being “GOOD ENOUGH” as one of the articles talks about?

Ok, I’m going to go take the dogs for a run and think about some things….

good-enough-logo

No comments:

Post a Comment