Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend challenges…

Yay!  It's the weekend!!!!!

That is Fat Jen's refrain every Friday around 4 PM.

Do you guys struggle with overeating on the weekends?  Because I know I do!  I can be totally on point all week and then the weekend hits and it's like I think that foods don't have calories on Saturday and Sunday!!

Oh wow - what if we lived in a world where that was true??!!

But alas it is not.

The good thing about the weekend is that it offers opportunity to burn a hell of a lot more calories than on weekdays when I work a desk job.

Yesterday for example, I was out the door by 9:15 taking the dogs on a 4 mile walk before it got too warm for Chakotay who just can't take the heat.

The previous day, my nephew Jon had used his truck to get mulch for my flower beds.  So as soon as I got back from the walk, I started weeding the beds and laying mulch.  Then it was time for lunch.

After lunch I mulched some more and then Marc and I headed out and did a 30 mile bike ride.

So the days activities certainly burned a bunch of calories!

BUT.... (as opposed to my huge butt)

Did I really burn enough to justify the gigantic cheddar bagel slathered with peanut butter?  Hmmm... I’m thinking no…

And then it's the picking that's killing me - at work I have a small refrigerator. I have my water in it, I put each day's lunch in it.  What else?  A couple of mustard packets and some relish.  So there's not much to pick at.

But on the weekends?  Much harder!  Ain't nothing wrong with grabbing a handful of raisins.   But grabbing a handful 7 times?  That becomes a problem!!

It's better now that it's warm weather - it was a bigger issue during the winter when I was stuck inside.  But clearly I've established some very bad habits that I have not been able to conquer...

Famous-Habits-Quotes-with-Images-–-Turning-Bad-Habits-into-God-Habits-–-Change-your-Bad-Habit-Bad-habits-are-like-a-comfortable-bed-easy-to-get-into-but-hard-to-get-out-of

3 comments:

  1. I definitely struggle with weekend eating too. I am fairly regimented during the week, but when the weekend hits, my sugar cravings go crazy. I've gotten used to giving in to them, which I know is not really healthy for me. It's such a tough balancing act to maintaing a healthy weight/lifestyle, but to also enjoy foods without going overboard! Like you, I will ALWAYS freakin' struggle with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week-ends are horrible for me. I have to be strict all week just to lose what i gain over the week-end and i enjoy my week day routine and when i'm stuffed on sunday night, i can't wait to have my healthy food come monday. But Friday 5pm, a flip goes off in my brain.

    I think it has to do with my all or nothing mentality. Either i'm 100% good or 100% bad, i can't just be reasonable as my brain always thinks that if i'm going to cheat, may as well make it worth my while.

    Not much to always feel out of control. And since i have very bad knees, i can't exercise as much as you (i love biking but can't do more then 45min and then i barely can walk for 2 days).

    Hang in there, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that both of you deal with this, too but what a relief to know i'm not alone!! I totally relate to both the switch of PIG OUT NOW going off as well as the all or nothing thinking!

    ReplyDelete