Saturday, June 13, 2015

Introducing Pegasus!

1486709_10205673713776676_6205921839716722175_n

I took the leap and bought a road bike.  It is a used 2013 Trek Lexa SL Triple.

I got it from a reputable bike shop in Syracuse – I’m going to talk more about them in a later post – they were AWESOME.

I wanted a nice bike and didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg so used was the way to go.  It is in excellent condition and coming from a reputable shop, I know that they will stand by the bike if something goes wrong -  unlike if I just bought it off of someone from Craigslist.

However, even a used nice road bike costs a LOT of money – at least a lot for me, and it was a hard decision to make. 

I tried running a bit while taking the dogs for a walk earlier this week and it is clear that I still need some healing time, because it was a no-go… Looks like biking will definitely be my exercise of choice for a while.

So I am telling myself that this is a good investment and that I will definitely use it and that I am worth the money – at least that is what Marc kept telling me when I was expressing concern about spending the cash Smile

We just got back from a ride to buy some corn on the cob at Walmart – it’s around 14 miles round trip.  Riding a road bike is going to take some getting used to – from the handlebars to the thin and more touchy tires.

But I can tell already that this is going to give me more of a cardio workout than my hybrid – I can go faster and switch between the 30 gears MUCH  easier which lets me pedal at a more steady pace.

So why is the bike named Pegasus?  Well, because I am a dork, and this bike is a Trek and the USS Pegasus is a ship from the Star Trek series. Not just any ship, but – for anyone reading who is a Trek geek like me – it is the first ship that William Riker served on. 

In addition – the mythological  Pegasus is pretty awe-inspiring, don’t you think?

Pegasus

No comments:

Post a Comment