Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Marc!!

Guess what today is?  Marc's birthday!!

c2d2801043c21ca2fe73c5cb0763ee53

I know I've said this before, but I truly believe that if it were not for him I would never have lost weight and gotten fit.  He is my rock and doesn't do nearly enough to accept credit for what a wonderful human being he is!

When we met, I was a teenager who listened to Debbie Gibson and joined every club in school.  I was fat but popular and a hot mess in many ways.  He was in his early 20's, listened to hard rock, had no real direction in life and hung with the burnout crowd.

In no way, shape or form should we have fit as a couple. And yet, here we are, 26 years later - more compatible and in love with one another than ever.

Making a major life change, even a positive one, sometimes breaks couples apart.  And my weight loss has eliminated some of my issues but many more have surfaced to take their place.  And no matter what, Marc has been there unconditionally.

So I take today's post to wish him the happiest of days and to remind him that we are getting better, not older.  I look forward to spending many more birthdays by his side - through thick and thin!  (Although hopefully not so thick!!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the new font color!! Happy Birthday to your husband, Marc!

    ReplyDelete