Sunday, April 12, 2015

The great outdoors…

Boy, I’ll tell you, there’s nothing like a weekend spent outdoors to start to get my mind right!

Saturday was still pretty cool, but we packed up and headed about 75 miles south to a recreational trail system.  We spent the afternoon leisurely hiking.  Normally, the trails there are fun, but not terribly challenging.  However, since the snow is not completely melted, navigating snow, mud and standing water made it a much more strenuous hike.

For Marc and I, anyway, the dogs had no issues with plowing through the mud – mostly at full speed!!

IMG_6361

 

 

 

 

IMG_6362

 

 

 

 

IMG_6369

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6372

 

 

 

 

 

It was a fun and relaxing time.  I almost managed to turn off my mind to how many calories I was burning and all the shitty self-talk that I am so often consumed with.

Today, a miracle occurred and it dawned sunny and warm.  Still a lot of wind, but I needed to get outside for a long run.  I have not run more than 10 miles outside since December!!

I am learning to control my pace, which makes running easier and more enjoyable.  I have to constantly tell myself to slow down, but I managed 13.12 miles at an average pace of 8:32 MM.  That’s MUCH slower than where I want to be, but I can live with it for now.

I then felt that I had righteously earned my lunch and posted so on Facebook!

1907516_939202356136981_3924736488938983052_n

Marc and I just finished a session of Travis Eliot’s Yin Yoga – and I feel remarkably at peace with my world.

Now – can I hang onto that AND can I translate it into weight loss……..?

No comments:

Post a Comment