Thursday, April 30, 2015

One quarter gone…

As we bid goodbye to April, I am taking stock of where I am now that 1/4 of 2015 is out of the way.

I can’t say that I am where I want to be or where I thought that I would be.

I was apparently under the delusion that since I lost weight once, it would be simple to do it again, and wow have I found out differently!

I spent the first part of 2015 in a skidding horrific state of mind.

BUT things are looking up and I must believe that the next 4 months are going to be great.

It will start with my half marathon next weekend.  I’m getting back on track running wise.  Not in time – that still sucks ass.  But in miles.  According to my runkeeper stats, I have traveled 854.5 miles so far in 2015.  This includes 464.3 miles running.  Over 100 miles per month?  I’ll take it.

The weather has mercifully turned warmer.  It was 65 and sunny today.  It is a JOY to come home from work and go outside and play with the dogs when it is sunny and warm.

Yes, heading into summer, I am choosing to believe that I can get my shit together.  That might not mean getting down to 117 pounds again.  I don’t know that this is in the cards.  But I also think I can live with that.

Maybe tomorrow – the start of the next 4 months of the year – I’ll get on the scale.

And one more piece of “news” that most of you will think is dumb, but it made me smile.

I got an e-mail today from Archer’s breeder.  They kept one female from his litter and have been showing her.

Well, she’s pregnant.  Yes, Archer is going to be an uncle!!

When I shared the news with him, he was overcome with excitement…

20150430_175239

No comments:

Post a Comment