Monday, March 30, 2015

Yeah, it’s MY issue!

Today I had a busy morning.  It was cold and extremely windy, plus I was incredibly sore from yesterday’s run outside – my body has to get used to the impact again – so running was a no-go.  Instead I went down to the basement and did a Les Mills Combat DVD during lunch.

I then started working on a project.  About an hour before I was off work, I had to go to another floor to talk to someone about a client.  My timing SUCKED because just then I saw a transaction go down. 

Yes, I witnessed someone buying one of the most addictive substances known to man…

(Ominous music plays)

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!
6a00d8341c5e4053ef00e54f290e308833-640wi

And the buyer proceeded to immediately OPEN the box and happily shoveled a few into his mouth.

Of course it couldn’t be Thin Mints or another flavor I don’t really care about – NOOOOOOOO.  It had to be Tagalongs – you know the delicious peanut butter with chocolate covering it…

cookies

Given my bordering on pathological addiction to peanut butter, I almost stroked out.  Especially when he offered me one and before I could barely shake my head no, he took about 5 more and happily began plowing through them.

I practically ran for the stairs.  If there was any justice in this world – the simple act of refusing these crack like substances from hell should have made 5 pounds immediately drop off of me as I climbed 2 flights of stairs.  But we all know there is no fucking justice to be found!

I lamented what had just happened to my co-worker.  And before anyone thinks that I am judging the cookie eater, let me assure you that I am not.  I realize that this is my issue and it’s about total and complete jealousy – pure and simple.

Not because he got to eat some Girl Scout cookies.  No, but because in his world having a few cookies is no big deal.  He wanted some and he ate them.  I lived in that world once.  But it didn’t work out so well for me!

Me, I drank some hazelnut coffee.  While visions of Tagalongs danced in my head…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment