Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Head forward…

I am so anxious for this month to end!  This year has not started out how I’ve hoped for with the terrible weather and my inability to get my shit together.

Today we actually got into the 40’s.  I ran, but it was so windy that my time sucked and I had to walk some of it.  But the warmer temps almost made up for it.

Tomorrow, I will celebrate the success of people who once saw their lives falling apart and now are happy and productive.  If statistics are right, unfortunately this change won’t last forever for all of them.  But since the future isn’t promised to any of us, I won’t be making any predictions or worrying about what will happen 2 months, 2 years down the road.  I will simply hug them in happiness, appreciate where they are now, and the rest is up to them!

Tomorrow is also cause for another celebration of sorts.  Marc’s dad will have his last immunotherapy treatment.  Remarkably, the last 5 treatments have had NO side effects and there’s no reason to think this treatment will be any different. 

The treatments he has had  drops his chance of the cancer recurring to very low.  We don’t know how many more years we will have with him, but for him to have had the treatments without having to suffer vicious side effects?  That’s pretty fucking awesome.

So, I can see some light, some hope in front of me.  I wish that the thoughts of my weight weren’t consuming me right now – I know it’s unhealthy and not in any way helpful, but I can’t seem to get out of my own way right now.

Once I can get out and about consistently, I think, at least I HOPE, things will get better all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment