Monday, February 9, 2015

A man’s world!!

It couldn't last.  I've really been doing well.  But when I woke up this morning to 5 degree temps, snow, frozen pipes AGAIN and a scale that informed me that I GAINED 4 POUNDS this weekend, I seriously felt like I was going to break down.

It was not helped when I ran across this article reinforcing that women - particularly short women are fucked when it comes to losing weight.

http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/why-is-it-much-harder-for-overweight-women-to-lose-weight/

You really should read this article.  It is full of facts and research.  And one of the things he talks about is how men turn loads of food – without exercise -into fat, but also lean muscle while we women just get fat.

The guy who wrote the article was singing my song, too.  Talking about endless hours of cardio and insatiable hunger and carb restriction with no effect on the scale.

Sometimes you guys, I just want to give up.  Shut down this blog and let the inevitable return to obesity happen.  Today is one of those days...

Pity Party Time

3 comments:

  1. Men have it easier BUT you are a short woman that lost over 200 pounds! It can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to start focusing on the fact that you are healthy and strong.

    ReplyDelete