Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Making it through the rain…

I made it through yesterday with only some sadness and melancholy.  You would think 24 years later (!) it wouldn't hurt as much, but as anyone who has lost someone - especially suddenly - can attest, those feelings don’t fade.

I do feel with this milestone passed I'm on the path to a good season.

My Christmas shopping is almost done!  I have been eating extremely well, but a huge test comes tomorrow.  3 employees are retiring so we are having a big party for them.  With PIZZA and salad.

Did I mention there would be pizza?  And cupcakes.  And brownies.

brownies1

Fuck me.

Lol.

Of course I can eat the salad and I don't have to eat dessert.  Yes, that's a choice I can and SHOULD make.

And then there's the part of me that throws the I shouldn't have to be deprived tantrum.  We'll see.

I had my last physical therapy appointment today.  My Achilles has actually been really good.  I'm not 100% pain free, but I feel like I’m made huge progress and the last week it’s felt great even after running.  They have submitted the request for the electrical stimulation unit to the insurance company which should be approved so I can continue that treatment at home.

So, so far a good start to the true holiday season.  Onwards and upwards!!

Quotes About Moving Forward 0001 (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment