Thursday, November 13, 2014

2 and 2…

2 weeks from today is Thanksgiving.  I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 126.9.  Which means if I want to meet one of my 2 goals, I have to lose at least 2 pounds.  I'm not sure that is realistic.

But I won't give up.

I ran 6 easy miles on the treadmill last night and my Achilles and opposite knee are pretty sore.  But I feel like the 5K Turkey Trot will be comfortable.  Probably I won't win a medal but I'll finish.

Marc took Archer in to see the vet this morning.  The hematoma is pretty well healed.  She thinks the ear infection is as well but wants us to continue with the topical antibiotics for a week just to be sure.  No further appointment needed.  Yay!

I tried something new for lunch today.  I brought in 2 cups of canned pumpkin (160 cals) and mixed that with a spinach and garlic chicken sausage (80 cals) and mixed it up with salt and cinnamon.  It was actually really good!

I find myself interested in experimenting with new tastes and coming up with different things to eat rather then a salad every day.

I had PT this afternoon.  I saw a different woman who was trained in “mechanics”.  I feel as if I have plateaued in my treatment and so do they, so they are trying to rule out that this is some sort of ankle/bone issue that is causing the problem.  I ran up and down stairs, did a ton of squats and stretched and she pulled and pushed on my foot.  AND?  Inconclusive Sad smile 

But she hooked me up to the electrical stimulator for 15 minutes and I came home and ran 4 and had virtually no pain and have no pain here an hour or so later.  So that has to be good, right?  We’ll see how I feel when I get up to pee in the middle of the night.

What I am noticing is that I am being so much less harsh on myself.  I still have my moments, and I’m not happy with my weight, BUT I also don’t spend hours obsessively berating myself.  And that is good news, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment