Saturday, October 11, 2014

There we are...

127.4

That's the number that greeted me when I braved the scale this morning.  I should probably be happy.  It could have been worse.  But I was just sad.  Sad and there was a feeling of - what?  Resignation?

And then I got my annual survey from the National Weight Control Registry.  I went to the site and the first 2 question were "What was your weight 1 year ago?" "What is your weight today?"

When I entered those numbers the next questioned emerged: "WHY HAVE YOU GAINED WEIGHT?"  It felt so judgmental!!  I was embarrassed.  Embarrassed by words on a computer screen!

I did my best to push this to the back of my mind.  I cleaned out Archer's ear - including "milking" the tube to drain the blood.  Newsflash - GROSS!!  But the ear is already looking a ton better - I am hoping my baby is on the mend!!

I then took the boys for a brisk walk, raked up the chicken coop and added fresh bedding and picked what was left in the garden that was any good - a few tomatoes, a couple of remaining zucchini and - yay! - a whole bunch of spaghetti squash.

Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful fall day - sunny and high 50's.  So Marc and I packed the bikes up tonight and are planning on heading down to ride a long trail followed by some apple picking at an orchard down there.

I am hoping for an ideal and fun day - where 10 pounds is as irrelevant as can be...

2 comments:

  1. So glad Archer is improving! And you know I know your pain.....we CAN do this. I like you are having a positive out look!
    This week I am trying to heal my face,from my running incident...stitches out yesterday now just healing massive scabs on my nose and mouth.

    ReplyDelete