Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Off kilter…

I’ve had one of those days where I feel like I’ve been running in place.  Like a hamster on a wheel – going crazy and making no progress.

I’ve been hyped up and nervous all day – I don’t know if it was because I was anticipating my first treatment or what.

Anyway, I finally made it through what was an extremely busy work day and headed to the physical therapist.

The first thing they did was to wrap my ankle in an very warm heating pad.  This loosens the Achilles and also opens the pores.  They kept that on for 10 minutes.

Then the therapist came in.  I laid on my stomach while she smeared the hydrocortisone on and began rubbing it with the ultrasound.   It was cold, but otherwise didn’t really feel like anything.  We chatted as she worked it all around the area.

After that was complete, she showed my some stretching exercises.  They are all stretches I do, anyway.  Hopefully they’ll make a difference as the treatment starts to work.

She told me that she didn’t want to get my hopes up, but she thought she saw a “positive reaction” even during the first treatment.  We’ll see.

It looks the same to me and I don’t feel anything different which I’m not supposed to.

My next treatment is Friday.  Keep your fingers crossed, will ya?

 fingerscrossed

No comments:

Post a Comment