Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Looking doubt and fear in the eye…

I am feeling pretty good about my efforts to get back on track.  It hasn't been very long, granted, but as with recovery, it's a one day at a time program.  As I tell my clients, every day that you are doing the RIGHT thing is a day that you're not doing the WRONG thing.

And I faced my fear today.  I ran.  For the first time in 2 1/2 weeks!  I was able to run 4 miles and then did an additional 2 miles in a run/walk combo.

I was hoping there would be ZERO hamstring pain.  That was not the case.  It's much better but still hurt.  The main test will be tomorrow morning though.  If it doesn't hurt after having pushed it, that will be a good sign.

I know how stupid this sounds but I actually felt almost sick to my stomach with fear about running.  I was determined to run yesterday, but pussied out.  Marc and I took a bike ride instead.  So today I cleared that hurdle – which was more mental then physical - by getting some miles in.  I see the physical therapist tomorrow and I'm anxious to see what he or she will tell me.

My eating has been great and I am continuing to get a bunch of small tasks done - all in my efforts of refresh and renew.

October is not typically my favorite month, but in have to say I'm liking October 2014 pretty well so far!!

 

game

1 comment:

  1. Know the fear,am so glad you are doing well with the running but am glad you are using the bike as an alternative.....I know it's not the same RUNNING is addictive!!

    ReplyDelete