Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A new start…

It's fall.  The kids are back in school, the air is getting crisp, and all around people are starting anew.

The "island" challenge is back on at work.  So people around me are working on eating healthier.

2 people I know have started the couch to 5K running program.

This is absolutely wonderful and I am so happy for the people that are so excited about their new starts!

I'm also, if I'm being honest, a bit jealous.  I remember the excitement of dropping 4 pounds a week and challenging myself to run 2 minutes longer and succeeding!  And that sense of victory and accomplishment.

So it's not up to me to piss on anyone's Wheaties, and I won't.

But the challenge, the real nuts and bolts of this journey, is keeping it up in the long term.  When you no longer get those gigantic losses.  When you have to live a new lifestyle and the "honeymoon" phase is over.

It ain't easy as I can attest to as I continue to struggle.

So maybe I can live vicariously through  those people that are just beginning their journeys.  And I hope that, despite my failings, that I have done enough that I might - just maybe - be able to inspire or encourage those that will stumble at some point.  Maybe that can help me keep the faith!

If you are new to this - or if you think you're starting over - come join me!  Let's walk this path together!

begin

No comments:

Post a Comment