Sunday, August 24, 2014

American Bad Ass…

Today I feel anything BUT a bad ass.  I had a terrible “long" run this morning – making it only around 8.5 miles.  And my time was horrible.

Next week is the 1812 Challenge and not only will I NOT be running the 18.12 miles like I thought I might earlier this year, I won’t even be running a competitive time in the half marathon.  Instead I’ll be sitting home on my BIG FAT ASS thinking about all the other runners out there.

Yeah, I don’t think that will be a good day.

On the other hand, I have been diligently icing and stretching.  I’ve done yoga and that really makes the stupid leg feel good.  But I am discouraged. 

Now for some fun news.  Some time in early July I was walking during my lunch hour and listening to a local rock station.  They said to text in and you could win a prize pack.

Well guess what?  I was the grand prize winner.  I got a shitload of rock CD’s and – tickets to see Kid Rock at the New York State Fair!

So tomorrow I will be leaving work early and Marc and I will head down to have a hopefully fun day at the fair and then attend the Kid Rock concert!

Hopefully I will get out of my head and just have a fun day!

 kidrock-306-1375718387

No comments:

Post a Comment