Friday, July 4, 2014

We were OWED!

Hi everyone!  Did you miss me and my posts?

We returned late yesterday from camping.  Last year we went to the same area and it was HORRIBLE weather.  Cold and down-pouring rain almost every day.

So we were owed a wonderful vacation and Mother Nature was kind enough to do her absolute best to deliver.

There was a little bit of rain a couple of times, but overall the weather was glorious.  It was in the 90’s every day and mostly sunny. 

I loved it, although Marc got a little sun-logged (if that’s a word) by late Wednesday.  I was also worried about Chakotay, but he did really well.

Most days we spent hiking but we actually took one day and just hung out by the beach near our campsite and relaxed. 

I’d like to say that I just had fun and didn’t worry about calories and exercise, but that would be a lie.

I got up into my head at times.  I also didn’t run at ALL except one day that I put in a measly 3 miles – turns out that running in 95 degree heat with 75% humidity is too much even for me!!

I ate way too much and am paying for it today as I look bloated and, frankly, FAT.  I have vowed to stay off the scale for a few days – I haven’t been on today – we’ll see how long my resolve lasts.

I will be reflecting more on this vacation in the next few days.  It was definitely different then the last couple years.

Today I am trying to get back on track – both with food and exercise.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment