Friday, March 14, 2014

A sucky week in review....

Boy, am I glad to see Friday arrive!!  I know that there is a lot of people who have things a lot - A LOT - going on in their lives that are a lot worse then I have it!  But I just can't shake this general feeling of defeat that I feel and until this weather breaks, all I can do is hang on and hope to muddle through.

So it was a jammed packed week and coming off losing an hour over the weekend it just made me feel completely off kilter.

I haven't discussed this here.  First off, let me say that I don't think there is going to be a decision to be made, but it has caused me to re-evaluate some things.  On Tuesday I had a job interview.  This is a job within the same system that I work in, but would completely take me out of the counseling field and place me into a more administrative position.  To be honest, I don't really want the job, and don't think I would enjoy it.  BUT it pays over $30,000 more per year then I make now!!!   

Certainly money isn't everything and Marc told me that I would be nuts to take a job that I wouldn't like even for that amount of money.  But thinking of having that much more money not only now, but it factors into my retirement - that's a hell of a temptation!!  I found out that someone interviewed that I think is the logical person to get the job, so I don't think I'll have to make the decision, but if I am offered the job?  I don't know what I'll do!!

I've been a wreck emotionally due to the weather and I think that has effected me physically.  Yesterday I went to do my noon workout (Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core) and I felt totally and completely wiped out!  It felt like I was moving through thick mud.  I was sore and exhausted.  I was worried I was coming down with something but my run on the treadmill went fine last night so I'm not sure what made that workout so bad.  I'll be taking it easy today - Yoga and maybe some walking - and hoping to kill it in the run that I'm doing tomorrow.

So, here's me trying to look at the bright side of things:
  • Marc and I just scheduled a trip to visit family next month and I'm really looking forward to that!
  • My weight has been good all week in conjunction with me eating really well and exercising.
  • It is supposed to hit 40 degrees today.
  • Weather should be good - not great - but good for the race tomorrow.
  • Two elderly family members - who I love very much - are recovering from serious physical issues, but they both got good news at the doctor's this week!



1 comment:

  1. You sure have a lot going on! Good luck on your race..and I hope {the little bit better} weather holds...Will be thinking of you tommarro.

    ReplyDelete