Saturday, January 11, 2014

Inching my way forward...

How is everyone out there doing?  I weighed in this morning at 120.2.  It's still higher than what I would like to see, but I feel like I am inching back to normal.  

I did take my measurements - hip, waist and chest and I have not turned into a huge pile of ginormous fat, despite what my twisted mind tells me!!  If you are just starting this journey or are partway through or whatever - PLEASE do what I was not smart enough to do - take measurements!  They are much more indicative of your progress then a number on the scale.  

I often forget that.  But like I have always said - if I measured and my waist was 27 inches and my hips were 30 and the scale said 180?  Ok, that would never happen, but assuming I was otherwise fit and healthy, I'd be fine with that number.  You get what I'm saying, right?

We finally got the medal case hung today.  

It's weird - I looked at it with almost - nostalgia.  Like it's something way in the past and I'll never add another medal to it.

I think that this is because I've been relegated to the treadmill for what feel like forever.   So I feel like I'm a "fake" - not a real runner.  I'm sure that will go away as soon as the weather breaks and I can get back outside.  

So everyone - let's all keep moving along!  Some of us are doing great, I'm sure, and some like me are struggling, but you can't come down on someone who never ever gives up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment